Do I Need a Patient Advocate?
There are many reasons for retaining a patient advocate. Of course, every individual has their own needs and concerns. This is a list of common concerns that many of our clients have expressed. Although incomplete, it does illustrate the range of every-day medical concerns that patient advocates address.
- I am frustrated with insurance paperwork.
- I see too many doctors.
- I was recently diagnosed with ___and I don’t know what to do next.
- I wonder if there are options to the treatment my doctor ordered.
- I don’t know what my insurance will cover.
- I don’t understand the results of the test my doctor ordered.
- I’m scheduled for surgery and I’m anxious about being alone in the hospital.
- After surgery I’m going home, I don’t know how I’ll manage.
- My life is all about going to doctor appointments.
- Every time I see my doctor he/she puts me on another medication.
- I’m not sure what questions to ask when I see my doctor.
- I’m tired during the day, but I don’t sleep well at night.
- I’m having trouble thinking clearly and making decisions.
- My daughter/son keeps telling me I should sell my house and move.
Keystone Patient Advocates, LLC, copyright 2013